US Masters and USA Swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
Newbie here and I do not have anyone to chat with to get help. I have recently registered with NC Masters and thus the US Masters. Do you then sign up separately for USA Swimming? Do masters sign up for this? I have two boys who swim who are USA Swimming registered and its great for tracking times etc. Any help much appreciated. I love to swim and have done so for years and I am starting a local "unofficial" masters swimming group at my local Y. I say "unofficial" because while I know the technique of swimming I am not familiar with the whole administrative aspect of it like the Masters and USA swim, getting certified and through and then whether it be just Maser or also USA Swimming as well. Any help is greatly appreciated! Great to be her.
Parents
  • My 2 cents ... First, congratulations on living in North Carolina! North Carolina is a wonderful state for masters swimming, and has quite a number of excellent, well-run meets every year. Keep an eye on the Dixie Zone website for up-to-date information on USMS meets and open water events in North Carolina and around the southeast. Second, don't worry about signing up for USAS. Only the best-of-the-best in masters swimming can keep up with the hotdog kids in USAS. There are a few masters who can do it, but they are rare. Welcome to the party! :welcome:
  • My 2 cents ... First, congratulations on living in North Carolina! North Carolina is a wonderful state for masters swimming, and has quite a number of excellent, well-run meets every year. Keep an eye on the Dixie Zone website for up-to-date information on USMS meets and open water events in North Carolina and around the southeast. Second, don't worry about signing up for USAS. Only the best-of-the-best in masters swimming can keep up with the hotdog kids in USAS. There are a few masters who can do it, but they are rare. Welcome to the party! :welcome:
Children
No Data