Opinions requested: Invitation-only meets

Has anyone else experienced Masters meets where swimmers are individually selected to participate, rather than either a) open entry or b) qualifying-time dependant? Personally, I find them rather distasteful, as they seem exclusive and not very much in the spirit of Masters swimming. Particularly when there isn't really information as to how one might get selected for such meets. I'd be interested in how other feel about this. K
Parents
  • I've never heard of this in swimming. However in my city, tennis works this way - we have friendly leagues, and then exclusive by invite only - after watching them play, it's easy to see that most people would not be skilled enough to play against them, so it doesn't bother me so much. I think of it as more a friendly match between elite players. Perhaps these exclusive meets are the same?
  • I've never heard of this in swimming. However in my city, tennis works this way - we have friendly leagues, and then exclusive by invite only - after watching them play, it's easy to see that most people would not be skilled enough to play against them, so it doesn't bother me so much. I think of it as more a friendly match between elite players. Perhaps these exclusive meets are the same?
Children
No Data