What's considered a good time for a 50 yard sprint?

Former Member
Former Member
To think 6 months ago I was posting here whining about not making it halfway across my 25 yard pool... This morning I pushed it and decided to see how fast I could do a 50 yard sprint (Freestyle). I did it in :42. Is this good? Marian
Parents
  • To think 6 months ago I was posting here whining about not making it halfway across my 25 yard pool... This morning I pushed it and decided to see how fast I could do a 50 yard sprint (Freestyle). I did it in :42. Is this good? Marian Yes, it is very good for you, considering your history. Keep up the good work! Do you really want to compare your time today with those of swimmers who have been in the sport 40+ more years than you? That is kind of like buying a new car off the lot and asking if it compares to a race car. Well, yeah, they both have engines and 4 wheels, but there are plenty of differences as well. If you want to know the record for your age group, it is something by which you can compare your progress. I started swimming competitively in high school and got a scholarship to swim in college. All of my fastest times are in the dim past. In Masters, I am often gladdened to hear stories like yours, with the ability to perform personal bests from month to month or year to year. I am truly jealous, because I remember the thrill of swimming a little faster than I ever did before. Welcome and congratulations!
  • To think 6 months ago I was posting here whining about not making it halfway across my 25 yard pool... This morning I pushed it and decided to see how fast I could do a 50 yard sprint (Freestyle). I did it in :42. Is this good? Marian Yes, it is very good for you, considering your history. Keep up the good work! Do you really want to compare your time today with those of swimmers who have been in the sport 40+ more years than you? That is kind of like buying a new car off the lot and asking if it compares to a race car. Well, yeah, they both have engines and 4 wheels, but there are plenty of differences as well. If you want to know the record for your age group, it is something by which you can compare your progress. I started swimming competitively in high school and got a scholarship to swim in college. All of my fastest times are in the dim past. In Masters, I am often gladdened to hear stories like yours, with the ability to perform personal bests from month to month or year to year. I am truly jealous, because I remember the thrill of swimming a little faster than I ever did before. Welcome and congratulations!
Children
No Data