What's considered a good time for a 50 yard sprint?

Former Member
Former Member
To think 6 months ago I was posting here whining about not making it halfway across my 25 yard pool... This morning I pushed it and decided to see how fast I could do a 50 yard sprint (Freestyle). I did it in :42. Is this good? Marian
Parents
  • If you are interested in comparing yourself to your former self, or to other people, consider entering meets. You can see the local Pacific Masters schedule here, as well as results from many, many past years. You also could join a team, which gives you people to compare yourself with in a friendly and mutually supportive atmosphere. If :42 is an all-out 50 free for you, you would be in one of the slower lanes on my team but you would not be the slowest and you would not be holding people up.
  • If you are interested in comparing yourself to your former self, or to other people, consider entering meets. You can see the local Pacific Masters schedule here, as well as results from many, many past years. You also could join a team, which gives you people to compare yourself with in a friendly and mutually supportive atmosphere. If :42 is an all-out 50 free for you, you would be in one of the slower lanes on my team but you would not be the slowest and you would not be holding people up.
Children
No Data