Looking for plan to qualify for 50 free at Summer Nats

Excited that Summer Nats are east coast. Looking to qualify in 50 free. Right now I am swimming 27 low for 50 scy. I swam a 26.09 last year and a 29.9LCM about two years ago. What sets really work and how many rest days between? I swim 5 to 6 days a week about 50 min sessions. Sometimes I can swim a bit longer. Because of the time constraints, what are thoughts about warm downs? When will cut sheets be posted?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I love to do the 50 free! Longer events are not my thing as I get bored so quick (might be my ADD). Anyway, for my practice I rarely ever do the complete free stoke in practice. I do other workouts that utilize the components of the stroke but very rarely do I ever do the complete stroke unless I am checking on times. My reason for this (may not be professional) is that I do different portions of the stoke using other other strokes in order to really concentrate and finess say the arm pull, breathing, start, turn, leg kick, etc. If I practice the full free everyday then I find it hard to concentrate on one particular part. If I do a deadman arm pull (using no legs) then I do not have to think about the legs as they are not doing anything, etc. For me this works great, for others maybe not as much. I can say that is has helped tremedously. I wanted to say I had got this off an article on SwimSwam...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I love to do the 50 free! Longer events are not my thing as I get bored so quick (might be my ADD). Anyway, for my practice I rarely ever do the complete free stoke in practice. I do other workouts that utilize the components of the stroke but very rarely do I ever do the complete stroke unless I am checking on times. My reason for this (may not be professional) is that I do different portions of the stoke using other other strokes in order to really concentrate and finess say the arm pull, breathing, start, turn, leg kick, etc. If I practice the full free everyday then I find it hard to concentrate on one particular part. If I do a deadman arm pull (using no legs) then I do not have to think about the legs as they are not doing anything, etc. For me this works great, for others maybe not as much. I can say that is has helped tremedously. I wanted to say I had got this off an article on SwimSwam...
Children
No Data