Looking for plan to qualify for 50 free at Summer Nats

Excited that Summer Nats are east coast. Looking to qualify in 50 free. Right now I am swimming 27 low for 50 scy. I swam a 26.09 last year and a 29.9LCM about two years ago. What sets really work and how many rest days between? I swim 5 to 6 days a week about 50 min sessions. Sometimes I can swim a bit longer. Because of the time constraints, what are thoughts about warm downs? When will cut sheets be posted?
Parents
  • A taper is by definition a reduction in the amount of yardage covered in a workout. If you factor in warmups and warmdowns, which should probably not be performed at race pace, there is precious little to do other than sprint, if the swimmer is focusing on the 50. A few starts, turns and dive swims would be about it (without pool toys - fins, paddles, floats). Sprinters need to decrease yardage, increase rest, and focus on technique. Is that what you meant?
  • A taper is by definition a reduction in the amount of yardage covered in a workout. If you factor in warmups and warmdowns, which should probably not be performed at race pace, there is precious little to do other than sprint, if the swimmer is focusing on the 50. A few starts, turns and dive swims would be about it (without pool toys - fins, paddles, floats). Sprinters need to decrease yardage, increase rest, and focus on technique. Is that what you meant?
Children
No Data