Looking for plan to qualify for 50 free at Summer Nats

Excited that Summer Nats are east coast. Looking to qualify in 50 free. Right now I am swimming 27 low for 50 scy. I swam a 26.09 last year and a 29.9LCM about two years ago. What sets really work and how many rest days between? I swim 5 to 6 days a week about 50 min sessions. Sometimes I can swim a bit longer. Because of the time constraints, what are thoughts about warm downs? When will cut sheets be posted?
Parents
  • Really? Was that even necessary? Can't we all just get along? rtodd, if you are only interested in swimming a 50 free, these are the workouts for you. If you plan on swimming anything else, do a little pace work, stroke work, fahrtlich sets, break up the monotony of sprints during the season. Do your "sprint only" workouts during your taper, and spend more time in bed resting than anywhere else. At the end, no matter how much (or how) you trained, rest is king and will pay dividends at nationals. I was just teasing sunruh. Chill. I agree that rest is king during taper. However, I do not agree that you should do "sprint only" workouts during taper. Unlike other swimmers, sprinters need to decrease intensity and speed work during taper.
  • Really? Was that even necessary? Can't we all just get along? rtodd, if you are only interested in swimming a 50 free, these are the workouts for you. If you plan on swimming anything else, do a little pace work, stroke work, fahrtlich sets, break up the monotony of sprints during the season. Do your "sprint only" workouts during your taper, and spend more time in bed resting than anywhere else. At the end, no matter how much (or how) you trained, rest is king and will pay dividends at nationals. I was just teasing sunruh. Chill. I agree that rest is king during taper. However, I do not agree that you should do "sprint only" workouts during taper. Unlike other swimmers, sprinters need to decrease intensity and speed work during taper.
Children
No Data