Looking for plan to qualify for 50 free at Summer Nats

Excited that Summer Nats are east coast. Looking to qualify in 50 free. Right now I am swimming 27 low for 50 scy. I swam a 26.09 last year and a 29.9LCM about two years ago. What sets really work and how many rest days between? I swim 5 to 6 days a week about 50 min sessions. Sometimes I can swim a bit longer. Because of the time constraints, what are thoughts about warm downs? When will cut sheets be posted?
Parents
  • I concentrate on the 50 distance too. Not only because I have below average vital capacity or excel at it, but also because the training is a little less complicated (read some mid and distance swimmer's blogs and see what I mean) and furthermore places less stress on my body (structurally and neurologically). I do however maintain some aerobic level in the background, but this is accomplished by tailoring drills in such a way, as well as ultra-short like training in the form of kicking and some stroke. But still, at the end of the day I probably do too much aerobic and LP stuff, though the ultra short stuff never really reaches lactate levels About the suits, one good thing for using them is when you replace the current one the retired suit makes for an excellent long lasting training suit Rushall's ultra short workouts are premised on the notion that lactate is bad and race pace is king. 50s = 5% aerobic Distance swimmers are so slow they're scared of speed. :)
  • I concentrate on the 50 distance too. Not only because I have below average vital capacity or excel at it, but also because the training is a little less complicated (read some mid and distance swimmer's blogs and see what I mean) and furthermore places less stress on my body (structurally and neurologically). I do however maintain some aerobic level in the background, but this is accomplished by tailoring drills in such a way, as well as ultra-short like training in the form of kicking and some stroke. But still, at the end of the day I probably do too much aerobic and LP stuff, though the ultra short stuff never really reaches lactate levels About the suits, one good thing for using them is when you replace the current one the retired suit makes for an excellent long lasting training suit Rushall's ultra short workouts are premised on the notion that lactate is bad and race pace is king. 50s = 5% aerobic Distance swimmers are so slow they're scared of speed. :)
Children
No Data