kickboard for kicking?

Former Member
Former Member
I have trouble keep my hips high up at the water. I think it is mainly because of my kicks. My flutter kicks are also sometimes irregular such as when i kick at the right, only my right leg kicks at the right, my left leg is either dead or kicking flat. I remember hearing that when you see a swimmer high up in the water ( hips visible) , you know that guy is swimming very fast. So i want to concentrate on my flutter kicking as it is such a HUGE factor in swimming. Now i seen some posts from internet that kick board kicking only improves endurance and not speed. Is that true or there are some drills which helps kicking?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    This video shows a few new kick ideas right after the 3:30 mark. Apparently Gary Hall Sr. feels that the traditional kick board may prompt you to kick with too much knee bend. He uses a snorkel (while streamlining) to teach a tighter more efficient flutter. www.youtube.com/watch
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    This video shows a few new kick ideas right after the 3:30 mark. Apparently Gary Hall Sr. feels that the traditional kick board may prompt you to kick with too much knee bend. He uses a snorkel (while streamlining) to teach a tighter more efficient flutter. www.youtube.com/watch
Children
No Data