Dolphin kick off walls - freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle?
Parents
  • Can you please elaborate. Does this mean his ankles eventually flexed brilliantly, and if so how, or that focusing on other aspects more than made up for the lack of ankle flex? I've been working at stretching my ankles, with little success, and still no forward progress with the kick. No. Jeff does not have floppy flexi feet that brilliantly point. It's better for him to just do a few DKs and get up swimming sooner than do a lot of DKs. They flex well like a frog giving him a fast powerful breastroke kick.
  • Can you please elaborate. Does this mean his ankles eventually flexed brilliantly, and if so how, or that focusing on other aspects more than made up for the lack of ankle flex? I've been working at stretching my ankles, with little success, and still no forward progress with the kick. No. Jeff does not have floppy flexi feet that brilliantly point. It's better for him to just do a few DKs and get up swimming sooner than do a lot of DKs. They flex well like a frog giving him a fast powerful breastroke kick.
Children
No Data