Dolphin kick off walls - freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle?
Parents
  • Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle? You counted your dolphin kicks after flip turn and took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? Maybe, it's all a matter of SPEED, FATIGUE, and the need to breathe. those dolphin kickS were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? It depends, you should do what helps you do the fastest overall time in your race I"ve written a lot about SDKing in Swim Faster Faster and recommend you experiment with different kick counts, test and time Come up with a kick count strategy for each race. also test your times for SFK (streamline flutter kick) I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. that's a lot and difficult to do on your 6th, 7th & 8th length Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle? Possibly, which is why I suggest test your SDK vs your SFK and figure out what works best. Some swimmers SFK faster than they SDK
  • Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle? You counted your dolphin kicks after flip turn and took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? Maybe, it's all a matter of SPEED, FATIGUE, and the need to breathe. those dolphin kickS were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? It depends, you should do what helps you do the fastest overall time in your race I"ve written a lot about SDKing in Swim Faster Faster and recommend you experiment with different kick counts, test and time Come up with a kick count strategy for each race. also test your times for SFK (streamline flutter kick) I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. that's a lot and difficult to do on your 6th, 7th & 8th length Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle? Possibly, which is why I suggest test your SDK vs your SFK and figure out what works best. Some swimmers SFK faster than they SDK
Children
No Data