Protecting my Ears, Perforated Ear Drum

I have a perforated eardrum. I had my ear doctor make a custom made earplug. It still leaks a tiny bit so I put Vaseline around the earplug to get an added seal. The plug stays in while training but I need a cap that will stay down over my ears if I dive off the blocks. I have tried latex, lycra and silicone. They all roll up. I tried the EarBandit, but that is for a 3 year old that is not pushing off the wall as it rolled up on my turns. I could use the one with the strap under the chin with a flower on top, but....... Any ideas on how to keep my ear plug covered so I can do starts off the block would be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I had a myringotomy surgery a few years ago and found that no swim cap really did what I needed on its own. I see you've tried an Ear Bandit, but it sounds like it was too small to begin with. I used a different brand in an adult size and had great luck. I also wore mine under a swim cap, so maybe that would help? There are also a few caps with chin straps that aren't flowered, but they usually look a little "matronly"... I wore the Aqua Glide cap which does have designated ear pockets, but it doesn't GUARANTEE that water won't enter. www.aquagear.com/.../
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I had a myringotomy surgery a few years ago and found that no swim cap really did what I needed on its own. I see you've tried an Ear Bandit, but it sounds like it was too small to begin with. I used a different brand in an adult size and had great luck. I also wore mine under a swim cap, so maybe that would help? There are also a few caps with chin straps that aren't flowered, but they usually look a little "matronly"... I wore the Aqua Glide cap which does have designated ear pockets, but it doesn't GUARANTEE that water won't enter. www.aquagear.com/.../
Children
No Data