Training for 200m freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
There's a swim meet coming up in one and a half month's time, and i am planning to take on the 200m freestyle. Can anyone help me specific on what drills and sets should i be focusing on? And by the way i am training with weights too, following this program by jason lezak www.bodybuilding.com/.../jasonlezak1.htm I am on the speed training phrase now though. I am also doing the 3-3-3 drill swimspire recommended me and some finger drag catch up, but hope for some sets and other drills
Parents
  • SpeedoRocks, I wanted to add that I agree with Arthur in regards to the weight training - don't overdo it, especially since you mentioned that you are having some pain in your right shoulder. Its wonderful to see how eager and willing you are to improve your swimming, but just work on steadily improving your endurance and your technique so that you can be pain-free. Looking forward to hearing about how the race goes!
  • SpeedoRocks, I wanted to add that I agree with Arthur in regards to the weight training - don't overdo it, especially since you mentioned that you are having some pain in your right shoulder. Its wonderful to see how eager and willing you are to improve your swimming, but just work on steadily improving your endurance and your technique so that you can be pain-free. Looking forward to hearing about how the race goes!
Children
No Data