Training for 200m freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
There's a swim meet coming up in one and a half month's time, and i am planning to take on the 200m freestyle. Can anyone help me specific on what drills and sets should i be focusing on? And by the way i am training with weights too, following this program by jason lezak www.bodybuilding.com/.../jasonlezak1.htm I am on the speed training phrase now though. I am also doing the 3-3-3 drill swimspire recommended me and some finger drag catch up, but hope for some sets and other drills
Parents
  • One set my coach likes to give us that seems to work well for the 200 is something like: 200 fast 200, broken @ 100 for 20 sec* 200, broken @ each 50 for 10 sec* 200, broken @ each 25 for 5 sec* 200 FAST * for each broken swim, when you stop (except at the end), you should flip and do a foot touch. hand touch at the very end. I think we do them on about a 4 min interval, enough so you get about a minute rest after each. Have you swum a 200 in a meet before? If so, how was it, and when was it? Do you have a goal for this one? And I agree that the 200 is not a distance event. Perhaps a mid-distance at best.
  • One set my coach likes to give us that seems to work well for the 200 is something like: 200 fast 200, broken @ 100 for 20 sec* 200, broken @ each 50 for 10 sec* 200, broken @ each 25 for 5 sec* 200 FAST * for each broken swim, when you stop (except at the end), you should flip and do a foot touch. hand touch at the very end. I think we do them on about a 4 min interval, enough so you get about a minute rest after each. Have you swum a 200 in a meet before? If so, how was it, and when was it? Do you have a goal for this one? And I agree that the 200 is not a distance event. Perhaps a mid-distance at best.
Children
No Data