Training for 200m freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
There's a swim meet coming up in one and a half month's time, and i am planning to take on the 200m freestyle. Can anyone help me specific on what drills and sets should i be focusing on? And by the way i am training with weights too, following this program by jason lezak www.bodybuilding.com/.../jasonlezak1.htm I am on the speed training phrase now though. I am also doing the 3-3-3 drill swimspire recommended me and some finger drag catch up, but hope for some sets and other drills
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I don't know how much you train now, but for the last month or 3 weeks you shouldn't train any more than normal or your muscles will be broken down and you will swim slower. You might want to swim less distance and do more race pace swimming, such as broken 200s by 50 with 10 seconds rest between each 50 at your goal speed. If your goal is to swim as fast as possible I also wouldn't touch any weights within 10 days to 2 weeks from your meet. If you have a bigger meet you are swimming later then you might want to just take 1 week off weights or even less than that.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I don't know how much you train now, but for the last month or 3 weeks you shouldn't train any more than normal or your muscles will be broken down and you will swim slower. You might want to swim less distance and do more race pace swimming, such as broken 200s by 50 with 10 seconds rest between each 50 at your goal speed. If your goal is to swim as fast as possible I also wouldn't touch any weights within 10 days to 2 weeks from your meet. If you have a bigger meet you are swimming later then you might want to just take 1 week off weights or even less than that.
Children
No Data