MASTERS - Personal best in 30's ???

Former Member
Former Member
My name is Miriama and I am 33 years old, living in UK. As a kid and during my teenage years I was competitive swimmer in Slovakia. Since then I have stopped swimming, but I miss it so much. Recently I have joined masters swimming club, .....I have been training with them for over two months and I love it, .....I can feel that I am getting stronger and faster each week ( I swim 5 times per week), as my son is back in school now I have time to go to gym (2 times a week) as well as have my swimming sessions. My question is - Is it possible with the right training to swim faster now (33 years old) then when I was 17 y.o.?????? My personal best are - 100m freestyle - 1:03 200m freestyle - 2:14 400m freestyle - 4:42 800m freestyle - 9:42 Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance,
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Yes. I am 40 (break untill 2009) and I am swimming faster than when I was 16-17. Unfortunatelly only 50 and 100 events :applaud:. 200m still not :) Wow that is great, well done !!! - so there is a hope for me ;-) I will do my best and enjoy the journey. Are you from Slovakia? which town if I can ask .... I was thinking to do some meets in Slovakia as well ;-)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Yes. I am 40 (break untill 2009) and I am swimming faster than when I was 16-17. Unfortunatelly only 50 and 100 events :applaud:. 200m still not :) Wow that is great, well done !!! - so there is a hope for me ;-) I will do my best and enjoy the journey. Are you from Slovakia? which town if I can ask .... I was thinking to do some meets in Slovakia as well ;-)
Children
No Data