Shoulder surgery scheduled...looking for advice

I have a 75% tear of my rotator cuff that I am having repaired arthroscopically next month. I am looking for any suggestions from folks who have survived shoulder injuries on pain management, sleep techniques, icing options, etc. Dos and Don'ts of recovery would be great, too. Thanks! Danielle
Parents
  • I feel your pain, Danielle. I'm 4 weeks post-op. Sleeping is the worst. And loss of stamina is frustrating. Previous suggestions all sound spot-on to me. Congrats on being allowed to get back in the water. Hydotherapy is probably the best thing for you. ruffwater--hang in there. I am cheering for you from Seattle--one-handed, of course! I am out of the sling and bolster but still not sleeping great. Part of the problem is that I broke the elbow on the same arm in highschool. It was improperly put in a cast and now I can't straighten that arm. So lying on my back, my hand can't rest on the bed and my poor biceps (where the tendon got shortened a bit during the surgery also) can't "turn off". I still have not been in the pool yet. The trip to the pool is 6:30 to 10:00 PM on a PT day and I have been too tired to get myself going. I keep saying next week. I really miss endorphins, danielle
  • I feel your pain, Danielle. I'm 4 weeks post-op. Sleeping is the worst. And loss of stamina is frustrating. Previous suggestions all sound spot-on to me. Congrats on being allowed to get back in the water. Hydotherapy is probably the best thing for you. ruffwater--hang in there. I am cheering for you from Seattle--one-handed, of course! I am out of the sling and bolster but still not sleeping great. Part of the problem is that I broke the elbow on the same arm in highschool. It was improperly put in a cast and now I can't straighten that arm. So lying on my back, my hand can't rest on the bed and my poor biceps (where the tendon got shortened a bit during the surgery also) can't "turn off". I still have not been in the pool yet. The trip to the pool is 6:30 to 10:00 PM on a PT day and I have been too tired to get myself going. I keep saying next week. I really miss endorphins, danielle
Children
No Data