Shoulder surgery scheduled...looking for advice

I have a 75% tear of my rotator cuff that I am having repaired arthroscopically next month. I am looking for any suggestions from folks who have survived shoulder injuries on pain management, sleep techniques, icing options, etc. Dos and Don'ts of recovery would be great, too. Thanks! Danielle
Parents
  • Okay, I am three weeks post-op. Surgery went well. Tendons not frayed and no arthritis, so I feel fortunate. I have not been using pain meds for the past 2 weeks. My biggest complaints are the tightness in my neck snd upper back (I am working on this with my PT) and overall level of exhaustion. This reminds me of how tired I was when my daughter was born and my husband left on a 2 week business trip! When did you guys start to get a good night's sleep after your surgery? I was 10 years younger and my baby was a lot cuter to look down at than this darn sling and bolster! Daniellr
  • Okay, I am three weeks post-op. Surgery went well. Tendons not frayed and no arthritis, so I feel fortunate. I have not been using pain meds for the past 2 weeks. My biggest complaints are the tightness in my neck snd upper back (I am working on this with my PT) and overall level of exhaustion. This reminds me of how tired I was when my daughter was born and my husband left on a 2 week business trip! When did you guys start to get a good night's sleep after your surgery? I was 10 years younger and my baby was a lot cuter to look down at than this darn sling and bolster! Daniellr
Children
No Data