Shoulder surgery scheduled...looking for advice

I have a 75% tear of my rotator cuff that I am having repaired arthroscopically next month. I am looking for any suggestions from folks who have survived shoulder injuries on pain management, sleep techniques, icing options, etc. Dos and Don'ts of recovery would be great, too. Thanks! Danielle
Parents
  • I recommend that you make sure you have a good physical therapist, then follow his/her instructions to the letter. Don't overdo the pt exercises to force a more rapid recovery, and don't blow them off, ever. Do the pt exercises long after you think you're better, years, at least, and perhaps even for the rest of your active life. Keep that shoulder strong and stable in every direction shoulders can move, and keep the swimming muscles balanced by the opposing muscles to maintain long-term stability.
  • I recommend that you make sure you have a good physical therapist, then follow his/her instructions to the letter. Don't overdo the pt exercises to force a more rapid recovery, and don't blow them off, ever. Do the pt exercises long after you think you're better, years, at least, and perhaps even for the rest of your active life. Keep that shoulder strong and stable in every direction shoulders can move, and keep the swimming muscles balanced by the opposing muscles to maintain long-term stability.
Children
No Data