Getting Back To Competetive Swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I have a question or two for you guys here. My little sister (8th grader) used to do swimming at school and was really good, making JV in elementary. A couple years ago, though, she developed super sensitivity to cholrine that left her with a bad cold year round. Now she's wants to get back into swimming, but she's gotten a bit out of shape and has almost "forgotten" how to swim. Do you have any advice for any exercises she could both in the pool and dryland to get her ready to join the swim team again? And if you have chlorine sensitivity, how do you deal with it? I hear wearing a nose clip helps, but are there any other ways? Thanks for any help or advice!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    And if you have chlorine sensitivity, how do you deal with it? I hear wearing a nose clip helps, but are there any other ways? Thanks for any help or advice! If its only her sinuses giving her trouble, a nose clip would probably be the best option. If she develops any kind of skin rash, use a topical skin barrier like DermaGuard or SkinFriendly. Maybe this article will be helpful as well... some of it is obvious, like take a shower after swimming, but they have some good product recommendations: www.aquagear.com/.../