In what countries is masters swimming "big"?

Former Member
Former Member
In what countries, besides USA, is Masters Swimming "big"? Now, it's very difficult to define excatly what I mean by masters swimming being "big" but let's define it like this: 1. An arbitrarily chosen city with a population of more than 100,000 in the particular country would be likely to have a masters team with at least 10 members. 2. Annually there should be at least 5 masters swim meet being held in the country. So basically, if I reside in the particular country in a not too small city, I'd be likely to be able to join a masters team and compete without having to travel abroad.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I'm an Australian expat in Peru and we have a reasonable Masters Swimming organisation here. (Hope you don't mind me lurking on your forum). There are at least 6 comps per year (not including open water - there's heaps of these in summer) and the standard is pretty impressive. I'm a 48 year old that has started swimming again after a hiatus of over 30 years so it's all reasonably new - again. FYI - The Peruvian record for 45-49 Men's 100m Free is 55sec which is comparable with US and Australian standards.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I'm an Australian expat in Peru and we have a reasonable Masters Swimming organisation here. (Hope you don't mind me lurking on your forum). There are at least 6 comps per year (not including open water - there's heaps of these in summer) and the standard is pretty impressive. I'm a 48 year old that has started swimming again after a hiatus of over 30 years so it's all reasonably new - again. FYI - The Peruvian record for 45-49 Men's 100m Free is 55sec which is comparable with US and Australian standards.
Children
No Data