Toxic Swimming vs Eco Swimming

How toxic (to the enviroment from manufacturing) are the swimsuits that we wear (Speedo, Nike, Arena, etc.)? Are there any Eco Friendly swimsuits our there, that provide the same benefits as a toxic swimsuit?
Parents
  • Bill, that made me think: the most eco friendly suit would be ... none. so i had to look up if that was "legal" according to: 102.12 Swimwear for Pool Competition nowhere can i find that a suit is mandatory. 102.12.1 Design A The swimsuits worn for competition shall be nontransparent and conform to the current concept of the appropriate. The referee shall have authority to bar offenders from competition until they comply with this rule. all of 102.12.1 talks about is *IF* you wear a swimsuit, NOT that one is required!!! though state and local laws may prevail if one is not worn. steve
  • Bill, that made me think: the most eco friendly suit would be ... none. so i had to look up if that was "legal" according to: 102.12 Swimwear for Pool Competition nowhere can i find that a suit is mandatory. 102.12.1 Design A The swimsuits worn for competition shall be nontransparent and conform to the current concept of the appropriate. The referee shall have authority to bar offenders from competition until they comply with this rule. all of 102.12.1 talks about is *IF* you wear a swimsuit, NOT that one is required!!! though state and local laws may prevail if one is not worn. steve
Children
No Data