Wrist Watch Lap Timer For Swimming Pools: Does One Exist?

Former Member
Former Member
Is there a wrist watch with a lap timer that works for swimming laps? Is anybody using one successfully? Which brand and model is it? Do you hold the watch face down while pushing the lap button, or take any other steps to prevent water entry? Casio and Timex both make wrist watch lap timers. Timex even sells theirs under the brand name IRONMAN Triathlon. What their advertising and marketing literature typically doesn't tell you, but a call to either companies customer service will reveal, is that they both strongly advise against pushing the lap timer button under water. What is less clear is pushing the button immediately after a lap, with the watch held in air, but still wet. I could not get either company's customer service to say it was OK to push the lap button then; but they seemed less adamant that that wouldn't work.
Parents
  • I now use the Garmin 910XT, which works for both pool workouts and open water workouts/events, as well as other outdoor exercise like running, biking, skiing, etc. It gives lots of good info and is relatively easy to use. It has a replaceable band. But it's pricey as it includes GPS. If you just want pool workouts, the Garmin Swim seems likes a good bet. The garmin swim is basically just the lap swim functions of the 910. I also use a 910 and have been happy with it.
  • I now use the Garmin 910XT, which works for both pool workouts and open water workouts/events, as well as other outdoor exercise like running, biking, skiing, etc. It gives lots of good info and is relatively easy to use. It has a replaceable band. But it's pricey as it includes GPS. If you just want pool workouts, the Garmin Swim seems likes a good bet. The garmin swim is basically just the lap swim functions of the 910. I also use a 910 and have been happy with it.
Children
No Data