Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi ssumargo, exciting news that you'll be in Paris! The swimming scene is slightly tricky with Paris public pools. They are only open certain hours during the day and that means that everyone will try to crowd in at the same time. You're going to be hard-pressed to find a pool that is not crowded during public hours, unfortunately. I would say Berlioux and Blomet are probably your best bet. Blomet is a 50 meter pool so that tends to make a crowded lane feel slightly less so. Berlioux has a designated "fast" lane, which is slightly better for stronger swimmers. I would avoid Berlioux late at night, though, as the area can get a little sketchy. Have you checked out swimmersguide.com? Also, this is a fairly accurate assessment of the Parisian pool situation: www.pret-a-voyager.com/.../ Good luck and have a great time in Paris!
  • Hi ssumargo, exciting news that you'll be in Paris! The swimming scene is slightly tricky with Paris public pools. They are only open certain hours during the day and that means that everyone will try to crowd in at the same time. You're going to be hard-pressed to find a pool that is not crowded during public hours, unfortunately. I would say Berlioux and Blomet are probably your best bet. Blomet is a 50 meter pool so that tends to make a crowded lane feel slightly less so. Berlioux has a designated "fast" lane, which is slightly better for stronger swimmers. I would avoid Berlioux late at night, though, as the area can get a little sketchy. Have you checked out swimmersguide.com? Also, this is a fairly accurate assessment of the Parisian pool situation: www.pret-a-voyager.com/.../ Good luck and have a great time in Paris!
Children
No Data