Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • ddl, yes he was most definitely French! Red60, I know - people become almost like robots in the pools! I think most frustrating for me was the practice of pushing off the wall as you approach, despite the fact that you're obviously way faster than they are. And the breaststroke kick that made it impossible to pass without getting a sharp kick in the ribs. Definitely made me super appreciative of getting back home to a comparatively nearly empty pool!! But like I said, I enjoyed living in France apart from the swimming situation :)
  • ddl, yes he was most definitely French! Red60, I know - people become almost like robots in the pools! I think most frustrating for me was the practice of pushing off the wall as you approach, despite the fact that you're obviously way faster than they are. And the breaststroke kick that made it impossible to pass without getting a sharp kick in the ribs. Definitely made me super appreciative of getting back home to a comparatively nearly empty pool!! But like I said, I enjoyed living in France apart from the swimming situation :)
Children
No Data