Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • Red60, I was reliving my experiences through your description of the Piscine Pontoise...shudder. During my one and only swim in that pool, I was actually chased down by the macho of the 'fast lane' when I dared to do a flipturn as he was lounging at the wall, taking up the entire space. He tried to grab my ankle and force me to stop so he could scream at me, but when I refused to stop he swam furiously after me in a rage. Although I was faster than he was, I was worried about what would happen when I reached the other end of the pool, so I stopped mid-swim and tried to duck under the lane lines to get out of the pool as he again tried to grab me. My dad jumped onto the pool deck from the lower balcony where he was standing and called the lifeguard for help!! I never went back there again....Oh, the stories from those pools!!
  • Red60, I was reliving my experiences through your description of the Piscine Pontoise...shudder. During my one and only swim in that pool, I was actually chased down by the macho of the 'fast lane' when I dared to do a flipturn as he was lounging at the wall, taking up the entire space. He tried to grab my ankle and force me to stop so he could scream at me, but when I refused to stop he swam furiously after me in a rage. Although I was faster than he was, I was worried about what would happen when I reached the other end of the pool, so I stopped mid-swim and tried to duck under the lane lines to get out of the pool as he again tried to grab me. My dad jumped onto the pool deck from the lower balcony where he was standing and called the lifeguard for help!! I never went back there again....Oh, the stories from those pools!!
Children
No Data