Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found the Paris swimming scene a challenge! I swam at the Pompidou Center pool a number of times. As a petite female, I found it rather like a rugby match, but I was still swimming. The real treat was the neighborhood pool in the 4me arrondissement. It was a 25m pool with 6 lanes. Each lane had a minimum of 20 bodies in it. Swimming was never an option. It was an education in the culture. When in Paris......hope you enjoyed the other many wonders of The City of Lights!
  • I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found the Paris swimming scene a challenge! I swam at the Pompidou Center pool a number of times. As a petite female, I found it rather like a rugby match, but I was still swimming. The real treat was the neighborhood pool in the 4me arrondissement. It was a 25m pool with 6 lanes. Each lane had a minimum of 20 bodies in it. Swimming was never an option. It was an education in the culture. When in Paris......hope you enjoyed the other many wonders of The City of Lights!
Children
No Data