Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • Great tips! (although... when I saw a new post here I thought it was the OP who had just returned from his 2-month trip to Paris to tell us his/her swimming experience there.:) I once watched through glass window a swimming pool in the basement of Centre Pompidou, Les Halles on a weekend and was appalled by how crowded it was. Totally impossible for a serious swimmer. Ha! Good point :) Hopefully all of these tips will serve other swimmers who are going to head out to conquer the Parisian swimming pools. The pool you saw must have been the Suzanne Berlioux pool. Believe it or not, it is less crowded than most others - but not a great place to be in the evening/nighttime hours. One of my favorite pools, despite the crowds, was the "Emile Anthoine" pool near the Bir Hakeim metro stop. All glass windows and an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Great tips! (although... when I saw a new post here I thought it was the OP who had just returned from his 2-month trip to Paris to tell us his/her swimming experience there.:) I once watched through glass window a swimming pool in the basement of Centre Pompidou, Les Halles on a weekend and was appalled by how crowded it was. Totally impossible for a serious swimmer. Ha! Good point :) Hopefully all of these tips will serve other swimmers who are going to head out to conquer the Parisian swimming pools. The pool you saw must have been the Suzanne Berlioux pool. Believe it or not, it is less crowded than most others - but not a great place to be in the evening/nighttime hours. One of my favorite pools, despite the crowds, was the "Emile Anthoine" pool near the Bir Hakeim metro stop. All glass windows and an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower.
Children
No Data