Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • Bring a real bathing suit. They won't let you in the pool in anything that looks like shorts even if they were bought in the bathing suit department. I spent 10 minutes arguing with a lifeguard in perefectly fluent french that my co-workers board shorts were actually a bathing suit, to no avail, the best they could do was refund him his entry fee. You might have to try a few pools before finding one you can actually swim in. One pool I tried had 50 people all swimming straight up and back, no circle swimming. They were all doing head up *** or bump-into-each-other free. The only thing I could do that day was use a kickboard for my entire workout. I forget the names of the pools and they weren't near where you're going to be anyway. They did have monthly passes which were a better deal than a daily pass. They have monthly passes for the metro too.
  • Bring a real bathing suit. They won't let you in the pool in anything that looks like shorts even if they were bought in the bathing suit department. I spent 10 minutes arguing with a lifeguard in perefectly fluent french that my co-workers board shorts were actually a bathing suit, to no avail, the best they could do was refund him his entry fee. You might have to try a few pools before finding one you can actually swim in. One pool I tried had 50 people all swimming straight up and back, no circle swimming. They were all doing head up *** or bump-into-each-other free. The only thing I could do that day was use a kickboard for my entire workout. I forget the names of the pools and they weren't near where you're going to be anyway. They did have monthly passes which were a better deal than a daily pass. They have monthly passes for the metro too.
Children
No Data