New Pools in West Hollywood

In four years time. Keep your eye on this one. www.wehoville.com/.../ I just cannot fathom two 50 meter pools on top of the roof of anything. This is going to take some serious engineering. Perhaps they will bring Sheldon and the bunch from the Big Bang Theory (CalTech in Pasadena) to work on this one. Beginning price tag $80,000,000. Everyone thought the $60,000,000.00 for the two Belmont Pools was expensive, at least those pools are on the ground. I am going to try to obtain the plans on this one. More to follow.
Parents
  • I was just there, in West Hollywood, just last week! Some notes: The City Council meeting was on Monday night, just after practice was supposed to start. I had no idea. The coach explained that it was a special night, and everybody got out of the pool, to go to the council meeting. Where the article says, "Many local athletes came out to support the plan ..", you can believe it. There were at least 30 swimmers there! I was surprised they're proposing to put a pool on the roof. The guys assured me the engineering was sound, including California earthquake tolerance. I'm amazed they can do that. The $80M price tag is for the whole 5-story facility, not just the pools. Where do you get 50M? I had assumed 25Y, like the current pool, but I just walked on the deck. If they can put a two 9 ft deep, earthquake-ready, 50M pools on a roof, it will be quite a trick! Maybe I can finagle a trip out there, in a couple of years, to see the results!
  • I was just there, in West Hollywood, just last week! Some notes: The City Council meeting was on Monday night, just after practice was supposed to start. I had no idea. The coach explained that it was a special night, and everybody got out of the pool, to go to the council meeting. Where the article says, "Many local athletes came out to support the plan ..", you can believe it. There were at least 30 swimmers there! I was surprised they're proposing to put a pool on the roof. The guys assured me the engineering was sound, including California earthquake tolerance. I'm amazed they can do that. The $80M price tag is for the whole 5-story facility, not just the pools. Where do you get 50M? I had assumed 25Y, like the current pool, but I just walked on the deck. If they can put a two 9 ft deep, earthquake-ready, 50M pools on a roof, it will be quite a trick! Maybe I can finagle a trip out there, in a couple of years, to see the results!
Children
No Data