2013 Zones Championships

Feel Free to share info about 2013 Zone meets Talk about meets, swimmers & swims before during and after SCY LCM SCM The 2013 Masters South Central Zone SCY Swimming Championships are this weekend Fri Apr 5 - 7, 2013 Psych Sheet Tentative Timeline Meet Information
Parents
  • I am curious as a newbie masters swimmer do many people compete at zones and nationals and do they typically swim through zones or taper build and taper again. Just curious. I think some of that depends on the region. If you live in an area where there are lots of meet so to choose from, you might be more selective. I, personally, did my very first meet ever last summer at Summer Nationals. I would have loved to do at least one meet before that to kind of warm up, but there simply were none to be had around here. This spring, I really wanted to go to Spring Nationals. But we just can't afford it. I am, however, doing our zone meet as it's only an hour from home. Then I have a SCM meet in two weeks that's about 2 hours from home. Pickings are slim around here, so I grab whatever I can. :) As far as tapering, I did taper for tomorrow's meet (zones). I will probably work a little harder this next week and then cut back just a little bit before the next meet. But I'm not planning on pushing super hard or anything leading up to it.
  • I am curious as a newbie masters swimmer do many people compete at zones and nationals and do they typically swim through zones or taper build and taper again. Just curious. I think some of that depends on the region. If you live in an area where there are lots of meet so to choose from, you might be more selective. I, personally, did my very first meet ever last summer at Summer Nationals. I would have loved to do at least one meet before that to kind of warm up, but there simply were none to be had around here. This spring, I really wanted to go to Spring Nationals. But we just can't afford it. I am, however, doing our zone meet as it's only an hour from home. Then I have a SCM meet in two weeks that's about 2 hours from home. Pickings are slim around here, so I grab whatever I can. :) As far as tapering, I did taper for tomorrow's meet (zones). I will probably work a little harder this next week and then cut back just a little bit before the next meet. But I'm not planning on pushing super hard or anything leading up to it.
Children
No Data