People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • Impressive swimming, John. If he swam all 14 days of the year so far that's an average of better than 12k (yards) per day! I'm reading Born to Run right now. I recommend it to anybody who loves distance, whether you're a swimmer, runner, cyclist, triathlete, or other ultra-distance athlete. Introducing Ann Trason, one of many ultra runners in the book, the author writes It wasn't long before she was defusing stress in advance by jogging the nine miles to the lab each morning. And once she realized that her legs were fresh again by punch-out time, she began running back home again as well. Oh, and what the heck; as long as she was racking up eighteen miles a day during the workweek, it was no big deal to unwind on a lazy Saturday with twenty at a pop... ... or twenty-five ... ... or thirty ... One Saturday, Ann got up early and ran twenty miles. She relaxed over breakfast, then headed back out for twenty more. She had some plumbing chores around the house, so after finishing run No. 2, she hauled out her toolbox and got to work. By the end of the day, she was pretty pleased with herself; she'd run forty miles and taken care of a messy job on her own. So as a reward, she treated herself to another fifteen miles.
  • Impressive swimming, John. If he swam all 14 days of the year so far that's an average of better than 12k (yards) per day! I'm reading Born to Run right now. I recommend it to anybody who loves distance, whether you're a swimmer, runner, cyclist, triathlete, or other ultra-distance athlete. Introducing Ann Trason, one of many ultra runners in the book, the author writes It wasn't long before she was defusing stress in advance by jogging the nine miles to the lab each morning. And once she realized that her legs were fresh again by punch-out time, she began running back home again as well. Oh, and what the heck; as long as she was racking up eighteen miles a day during the workweek, it was no big deal to unwind on a lazy Saturday with twenty at a pop... ... or twenty-five ... ... or thirty ... One Saturday, Ann got up early and ran twenty miles. She relaxed over breakfast, then headed back out for twenty more. She had some plumbing chores around the house, so after finishing run No. 2, she hauled out her toolbox and got to work. By the end of the day, she was pretty pleased with herself; she'd run forty miles and taken care of a messy job on her own. So as a reward, she treated herself to another fifteen miles.
Children
No Data