People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • This thread started almost 4 weeks ago with the thought that 100 to 200 miles was a lot. I noticed today in the FLOG there is a gal, Ivana G, that has as of yesterday has 614 miles logged. That is a lot of miles ! 61 straight days of 10 miles+ per day, greater than 17,000 yds per day. I'm a pool swimmer and have 160 miles but 614 miles is just mind numbing. That lady must have some hall of fame shoulders !!!
  • This thread started almost 4 weeks ago with the thought that 100 to 200 miles was a lot. I noticed today in the FLOG there is a gal, Ivana G, that has as of yesterday has 614 miles logged. That is a lot of miles ! 61 straight days of 10 miles+ per day, greater than 17,000 yds per day. I'm a pool swimmer and have 160 miles but 614 miles is just mind numbing. That lady must have some hall of fame shoulders !!!
Children
No Data