People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    JUst broke 100 miles for the 2013 calendar year... Since 2009, I’ve tried to keep my average weekly yardage between 30,000 and 40,000. Due to new pool scheduling, my access to multi-hour swim sessions is reduced, so I have been hitting the yoga studio 3-4 times/week and getting a bunch of back-country skiing in while the snow lasts. I’m excited for my first ski race next weekend www.sugarbush.com/.../ussma-sugarbush-mad-river-glen-randonnee-race-6262 should be epic! I’ve found that yoga and x-c skiing leave my shoulders and upper body more fatigued than big yardage swim sessions. I don’t expect that this reduced swim load will have a negative effect on my ability to go long... I have a 22 mile swim planned for the last week of March in the Bahamas and will be swimming the SCAR series in May... but my “sprint” speed has suffered.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    JUst broke 100 miles for the 2013 calendar year... Since 2009, I’ve tried to keep my average weekly yardage between 30,000 and 40,000. Due to new pool scheduling, my access to multi-hour swim sessions is reduced, so I have been hitting the yoga studio 3-4 times/week and getting a bunch of back-country skiing in while the snow lasts. I’m excited for my first ski race next weekend www.sugarbush.com/.../ussma-sugarbush-mad-river-glen-randonnee-race-6262 should be epic! I’ve found that yoga and x-c skiing leave my shoulders and upper body more fatigued than big yardage swim sessions. I don’t expect that this reduced swim load will have a negative effect on my ability to go long... I have a 22 mile swim planned for the last week of March in the Bahamas and will be swimming the SCAR series in May... but my “sprint” speed has suffered.
Children
No Data