People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • I think it's great for people who want to to set goals of 1000 mi/yr or what ever,or setting a goal to swim the channel etc.Anything that gets you moving is better than sitting still.I personally have some problems with my own relationship to GTD. My goal is basically to swim breaststroke faster than last year.(That is my goal every year,since I am getting older I obviously don't succeed frequently.)To do this I need to do a fair amount of HIT with longer rest intervals. That's fine except for the voice in my head that says if I swam less intensely i could go on shorter intervals and add to my GTD. Why go for the mesh bag when you could go for the swimsuit(at the expense of a faster 100 BR in my case.)
  • I think it's great for people who want to to set goals of 1000 mi/yr or what ever,or setting a goal to swim the channel etc.Anything that gets you moving is better than sitting still.I personally have some problems with my own relationship to GTD. My goal is basically to swim breaststroke faster than last year.(That is my goal every year,since I am getting older I obviously don't succeed frequently.)To do this I need to do a fair amount of HIT with longer rest intervals. That's fine except for the voice in my head that says if I swam less intensely i could go on shorter intervals and add to my GTD. Why go for the mesh bag when you could go for the swimsuit(at the expense of a faster 100 BR in my case.)
Children
No Data