People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • forums.usms.org/.../quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fatboy forums.usms.org/.../viewpost-right.png Kudos to all the hi-milers out there. I peronally have a hard time believing that anyone would inflate their mileage in GTD. I can't see why you would do that. When I enter my workouts it asks for time spent. It would be interesting to see this total up and listed along with the mileage in the total results. That is really nice of you. I on the other hand think the exact opposite. People cheat all the time for reasons only they can understand. This has nothing to do with GTD, just my observation... That might work - I supposed it would help if the total time seemed way too fast for the yardage. I compute time by multipying 1 min 30 sec per 100 yards, as my fast sets are 1:10-1:15/100 and my kicking is slow, so I reason 1:30 is a good time. I think some people (and I am thinking of my triathlon forum) "inflate" their time by putting whatever amt of time they were in the pool... so if they did 6 x 100 on 4:00 they'd call it 24 min, nto add up the splits for the 100s. Of course some of those people seem to log every single down dog as a separate workout
  • forums.usms.org/.../quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fatboy forums.usms.org/.../viewpost-right.png Kudos to all the hi-milers out there. I peronally have a hard time believing that anyone would inflate their mileage in GTD. I can't see why you would do that. When I enter my workouts it asks for time spent. It would be interesting to see this total up and listed along with the mileage in the total results. That is really nice of you. I on the other hand think the exact opposite. People cheat all the time for reasons only they can understand. This has nothing to do with GTD, just my observation... That might work - I supposed it would help if the total time seemed way too fast for the yardage. I compute time by multipying 1 min 30 sec per 100 yards, as my fast sets are 1:10-1:15/100 and my kicking is slow, so I reason 1:30 is a good time. I think some people (and I am thinking of my triathlon forum) "inflate" their time by putting whatever amt of time they were in the pool... so if they did 6 x 100 on 4:00 they'd call it 24 min, nto add up the splits for the 100s. Of course some of those people seem to log every single down dog as a separate workout
Children
No Data