People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • John, good luck with your training for Key West. With this much yardage built up you should have a great swim. Thank you Karlene, I work really hard , and what Jim Thornton stated about obsessiveness, he is 100 percent correct! I won't lie, I'm not as fast as Jim (I can only do a 21 minute 1650 to his 18 minute), but I'm able to keep a solid pace long term. Swimming the 100 yd freestyle is not as fast as it once was, but hey... It is what is! My goal is to stay somewhat fit, and still fit into my 34 jeans! Ok it's vanity! Hell I don't look a day over 58 and I'm all of 59!
  • John, good luck with your training for Key West. With this much yardage built up you should have a great swim. Thank you Karlene, I work really hard , and what Jim Thornton stated about obsessiveness, he is 100 percent correct! I won't lie, I'm not as fast as Jim (I can only do a 21 minute 1650 to his 18 minute), but I'm able to keep a solid pace long term. Swimming the 100 yd freestyle is not as fast as it once was, but hey... It is what is! My goal is to stay somewhat fit, and still fit into my 34 jeans! Ok it's vanity! Hell I don't look a day over 58 and I'm all of 59!
Children
No Data