People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • ... Respectfully, I'm training to do the swim around Key West, I'm also in the position (business owner) that I can spend 3-4 hours in the pool (however twice a day, no days off ), and on Saturdays only 3 hours straight. Last year I was the straggler to Tim Martin at a lowly 1700 miles to his 2000 plus. If I was a cheater I would have beat him, but who would I be kidding?... at 59 I've no need to cheat, and I guarantee you at the end of the year I won't be in first place! John, good luck with your training for Key West. With this much yardage built up you should have a great swim.
  • ... Respectfully, I'm training to do the swim around Key West, I'm also in the position (business owner) that I can spend 3-4 hours in the pool (however twice a day, no days off ), and on Saturdays only 3 hours straight. Last year I was the straggler to Tim Martin at a lowly 1700 miles to his 2000 plus. If I was a cheater I would have beat him, but who would I be kidding?... at 59 I've no need to cheat, and I guarantee you at the end of the year I won't be in first place! John, good luck with your training for Key West. With this much yardage built up you should have a great swim.
Children
No Data