People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • John, I'm not sure that comment was directed at you. And people do cheat. During the early 90's there was a woman in my age group who would kick butt on the hour and 10K postals. But her pace per 100 on the hour swim was faster than her documented 500 free time and her pace on the 10K was faster than her documented 1,500 time. What satisfaction she derived from her victories and records is an alien concept to many of us. I am curious about your training. Do you split up your daily yardage or are you swimming it all in one workout? Are you primarily grinding out yards or do you do specific interval training? All free or a mix of strokes? Do you take any days off? And are you retired/working part time or are you fitting your swimming into full work day? At the intensity that I swim, the most I can manage in 4000-4500 meters five times per week. But hats off to you!
  • John, I'm not sure that comment was directed at you. And people do cheat. During the early 90's there was a woman in my age group who would kick butt on the hour and 10K postals. But her pace per 100 on the hour swim was faster than her documented 500 free time and her pace on the 10K was faster than her documented 1,500 time. What satisfaction she derived from her victories and records is an alien concept to many of us. I am curious about your training. Do you split up your daily yardage or are you swimming it all in one workout? Are you primarily grinding out yards or do you do specific interval training? All free or a mix of strokes? Do you take any days off? And are you retired/working part time or are you fitting your swimming into full work day? At the intensity that I swim, the most I can manage in 4000-4500 meters five times per week. But hats off to you!
Children
No Data