People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I have respect for the high mileage swimmers. There is nothing wrong with putting your time/energy into something that is giving you a positive outcome. Keep on swimming! And OP, I looked at results from 2012 and the top two from both 35-39 and 40-44 blogged their workouts and posted their training plans (here or elsewhere). I searched another random "high mileage" name on Google and it brought me to results from open water swims where his times looked very credible for his age group. So...the information is out there.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I have respect for the high mileage swimmers. There is nothing wrong with putting your time/energy into something that is giving you a positive outcome. Keep on swimming! And OP, I looked at results from 2012 and the top two from both 35-39 and 40-44 blogged their workouts and posted their training plans (here or elsewhere). I searched another random "high mileage" name on Google and it brought me to results from open water swims where his times looked very credible for his age group. So...the information is out there.
Children
No Data