People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • People who spend 2 hours a day practicing an instrument don't get asked, "Do you read?" "What do you do about work/life balance?" I think it all depends on where your priorities lie. I swim an hour 4 or 5 days a week - less when it's cold out. My main goal in swimming is to enjoy it and use it as a vehicle for health, focus, mood management and quality of life. It is my "down time." In addition to swimming, I work hard at two careers, travel quite a bit, read a couple of books a week, and spend a lot of time hiking and doing activities with my family. But I admire people who work really hard to achieve goals and can put in those kind of miles. You are the ones who hit the wall before me at Nationals :)
  • People who spend 2 hours a day practicing an instrument don't get asked, "Do you read?" "What do you do about work/life balance?" I think it all depends on where your priorities lie. I swim an hour 4 or 5 days a week - less when it's cold out. My main goal in swimming is to enjoy it and use it as a vehicle for health, focus, mood management and quality of life. It is my "down time." In addition to swimming, I work hard at two careers, travel quite a bit, read a couple of books a week, and spend a lot of time hiking and doing activities with my family. But I admire people who work really hard to achieve goals and can put in those kind of miles. You are the ones who hit the wall before me at Nationals :)
Children
No Data