People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • I agree with you Jim! But I imagine if you swim with an age group team, like I do, and many others, that you can easily get in 6-7,000 in a single workout (about 2 hours) So I suppose that's 5 miles a day. But how many grown ups with jobs, kids and mortgages have time to train more than that? Even triathletes limit their swim time because they have to run and bike! And perhaps you're right on the second part - those California guys might be a little off their rockers! :)
  • I agree with you Jim! But I imagine if you swim with an age group team, like I do, and many others, that you can easily get in 6-7,000 in a single workout (about 2 hours) So I suppose that's 5 miles a day. But how many grown ups with jobs, kids and mortgages have time to train more than that? Even triathletes limit their swim time because they have to run and bike! And perhaps you're right on the second part - those California guys might be a little off their rockers! :)
Children
No Data