People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • I'm almost at 70 miles for the year, and would have more but I started doing meets on the weekends. Before, I would do a couple of miles 3-4 times per week, throw in a couple of 2000-yard days for recovery, and then have a big monster day where I swam 4-6 miles. The mileage racks up pretty fast when you swim 7 days/week and one of them is a long-distance day. But looking at some of the workouts on the USMS blogs (like James's, for example), my schedule seems pretty light.
  • I'm almost at 70 miles for the year, and would have more but I started doing meets on the weekends. Before, I would do a couple of miles 3-4 times per week, throw in a couple of 2000-yard days for recovery, and then have a big monster day where I swam 4-6 miles. The mileage racks up pretty fast when you swim 7 days/week and one of them is a long-distance day. But looking at some of the workouts on the USMS blogs (like James's, for example), my schedule seems pretty light.
Children
No Data