People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I know someone who is already over 100 miles for the year (he doesn't do GTD because he's not really a computer person). He does some meets and some open water, but really he just swims to swim. He just likes it for its own sake. He usually swims seven days a week. On weekdays, he gets in about 4000 yards and on weekends he frequently gets twice that or more in on both days. The part I think that is the coolest about this is that he only learned to swim about five years ago. Before that he couldn't swim a stroke.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I know someone who is already over 100 miles for the year (he doesn't do GTD because he's not really a computer person). He does some meets and some open water, but really he just swims to swim. He just likes it for its own sake. He usually swims seven days a week. On weekdays, he gets in about 4000 yards and on weekends he frequently gets twice that or more in on both days. The part I think that is the coolest about this is that he only learned to swim about five years ago. Before that he couldn't swim a stroke.
Children
No Data