People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I'm not a member of USMS this year yet, so I'm not on the GTD list, but as of my count, I have just passed 100 miles as of today. I am at exactly 102.7. I do about 1 to 2 doubles a week, but I'm really getting my extra yardage from Sundays. So far this year, I haven't taken off any Sundays. I have always heard from most people that Sunday should be the one "break day" of the week, but I'm actually really liking this 7-day swimming week. However, my yardage is going to take a nosedive on Monday, because taper time begins! :ohyeah:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I'm not a member of USMS this year yet, so I'm not on the GTD list, but as of my count, I have just passed 100 miles as of today. I am at exactly 102.7. I do about 1 to 2 doubles a week, but I'm really getting my extra yardage from Sundays. So far this year, I haven't taken off any Sundays. I have always heard from most people that Sunday should be the one "break day" of the week, but I'm actually really liking this 7-day swimming week. However, my yardage is going to take a nosedive on Monday, because taper time begins! :ohyeah:
Children
No Data