How to keep cap on during long swim (mile/one hour postal)?

I keep losing my cap and sometimes my goggles with it when swimming 1650 or one hour postal. I've tried both latex and silicone caps....has anyone found a cap system that stays on?
Parents
  • I keep losing my cap and sometimes my goggles with it when swimming 1650 or one hour postal. I've tried both latex and silicone caps....has anyone found a cap system that stays on? My system is not to wear a cap in distance events, though I sometimes forget and put on a cap before a long race out of habit. 200 event or shorter? Sure, wear a cap. 400/500 event? Subject to whim. (For example, in a meet last weekend I wore a cap for the 400 IM but then did not wear one for the 400 free.) 800+ event? Do not wear a cap. Do this :doh: until urge to wear cap subsides. Then swim long race without overheating :ohyeah:
  • I keep losing my cap and sometimes my goggles with it when swimming 1650 or one hour postal. I've tried both latex and silicone caps....has anyone found a cap system that stays on? My system is not to wear a cap in distance events, though I sometimes forget and put on a cap before a long race out of habit. 200 event or shorter? Sure, wear a cap. 400/500 event? Subject to whim. (For example, in a meet last weekend I wore a cap for the 400 IM but then did not wear one for the 400 free.) 800+ event? Do not wear a cap. Do this :doh: until urge to wear cap subsides. Then swim long race without overheating :ohyeah:
Children
No Data