How to keep cap on during long swim (mile/one hour postal)?

I keep losing my cap and sometimes my goggles with it when swimming 1650 or one hour postal. I've tried both latex and silicone caps....has anyone found a cap system that stays on?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I lost my cap in my 1000 in my very first masters meet. :bitching: I never had this problem during all my years of competitive swimming up through college. I've found that the fit of latex caps is very variable. The style that seems to work best for me has a bottom (headband?) that is clearly tighter than the rest of the cap. (This style: www.allamericanswim.com/all-american-swim-latex-caps-p-9131.html As far as silicone caps go, I had terrible problems with them popping off my head until I got a Speedo "long hair" model. I do not have particularly long hair but maybe I have a freakishly large head or something. At one meet I tried wearing a latex cap, then my goggles, and then a silicone cap on top of that. It stayed put, but it was a bit warm. The next two meets I swam with just the silicone cap and it stayed put.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I lost my cap in my 1000 in my very first masters meet. :bitching: I never had this problem during all my years of competitive swimming up through college. I've found that the fit of latex caps is very variable. The style that seems to work best for me has a bottom (headband?) that is clearly tighter than the rest of the cap. (This style: www.allamericanswim.com/all-american-swim-latex-caps-p-9131.html As far as silicone caps go, I had terrible problems with them popping off my head until I got a Speedo "long hair" model. I do not have particularly long hair but maybe I have a freakishly large head or something. At one meet I tried wearing a latex cap, then my goggles, and then a silicone cap on top of that. It stayed put, but it was a bit warm. The next two meets I swam with just the silicone cap and it stayed put.
Children
No Data