PHELPS Watch

Phelps Watch is a thread to share news about and discuss Michael Phelps, phenomenal swimmer and the winningest Olympian ever who claims to be retired. ( good luck with that ) Michael Phelps Splits With Girlfriend, Megan Rossee: Report Stacy Keibler, Michael Phelps Ring In The New Year Early With A Game Of Beer Pong Michael Phelps and Megan Rossee split after spending Christmas together (Video) He Said: Phelps, 27, broke up with Rossee because he "felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere, so he decided to end it so he could pursue other options", reports TMZ. She said: Rossee posted a photo after the alleged split with the quote, "A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything." Ryan Lochte thinks Michael Phelps will compete in Rio Olympics
  • I had the pleasure of meeting Michael a few years ago when the Golden Goggles were held in Los Angeles. I spoke with him briefly and said to him, "When you are done with all of this, there is always masters swimming". He looked me straight in the eye and said without any hesitation whatsoever, "when I'm done, I'm done!". Now that doesn't mean that things can't change, but I do not believe he will return. He has nothing to prove, he has plenty of money, and really has nothing to gain by coming back. Maybe he will play water polo at the next games or syncronized swimming, but I don't think he will swim. IMO.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I predict Phelps will stay retired for a ridiculously large portion of the next quadrennial, so much so that the doubters will begin to wonder if he really is good on his word that he's done with swimming. But then, perhaps after 2016 has already been rung in, Phelps will return to training, and with now practically everyone in the world laughing and doubting that he could qualify for another Olympics (while pointing to Ian Thorpe as someone who had more time to stage a comeback and still failed), let alone a Trials, will do just that- qualify for Rio, even perhaps in an individual event.
  • Thorpe tried a later come back & did not do well. I will pull for Phelps to do Rio !!
  • Until we see a literal Phelps watch (Swiss), it isn't in the books
  • Phelps' coach back on deck after much-needed break Michael Phelps and New Girlfriend Win McMurry Pictures - ESPY Awards Will Phelps move on from 'fore!' to five? is Michael Phelps coming back for a fifth Olympics? Even though the Rio de Janeiro Games are three years away, the timeline for Phelps to make a decision is potentially much sooner. Bowman would prefer Phelps try to compete at the 2015 world championships if he intends to participate in the 2016 Olympics. The U.S. team for the 2015 worlds will be selected at the U.S. championships in Aug. 2014. To be eligible, Phelps must re-enter the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency’s Registered Testing Pool six months in advance of any competition. “I’m sure he kind of knows that,” Bowman said, laughing again. Bowman said he and Phelps, 27, have had no formal discussions about a comeback for the greatest swimmer in history, winner of an Olympic record 18 gold and 22 total medals. He has been out of the sport since the 2012 Olympics. “He can still do it physically now,” Bowman said. “He ought to at least think about it.”
  • “Ryan Lochte thinks Michael Phelps will compete in Rio Olympics” Slightly off topic, but if Ryan Lochte were to pee in the water there, the water quality would improve.
  • MAybe they should ALL pee into the cesspool they are trying to make the athletes swim in!
  • ... if Ryan Lochte were to pee in the water there, the water quality would improve. +1 QOTW