Chondromalacia patella

Anyone dealt with this problem in the pool? I've been in PT for almost 3 mos and am not seeing results. Kicking, fly, br and turns are quite painful.
Parents
  • I wonder if this is my problem. Sometimes I notice knee pain when squatting down and also if I try to sit Indian style, but the real pain is when I do breaststroke kick. Sometimes it really hurts at first--almost unbearable, but after a couple hundred yards it loosens up. Unfortunately just working through it has been the only thing that's worked for me so far. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I'd really be interested in knowing what I can do to prevent the pain. Stretching? Weights? I'd be curious to know what others have done or what the OP is doing in her PT (even though it's not working for her).
  • I wonder if this is my problem. Sometimes I notice knee pain when squatting down and also if I try to sit Indian style, but the real pain is when I do breaststroke kick. Sometimes it really hurts at first--almost unbearable, but after a couple hundred yards it loosens up. Unfortunately just working through it has been the only thing that's worked for me so far. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I'd really be interested in knowing what I can do to prevent the pain. Stretching? Weights? I'd be curious to know what others have done or what the OP is doing in her PT (even though it's not working for her).
Children
No Data