Chondromalacia patella

Anyone dealt with this problem in the pool? I've been in PT for almost 3 mos and am not seeing results. Kicking, fly, br and turns are quite painful.
Parents
  • I had it when I was a teen.They went as far as talking surgery on me around age 13. I skipped the surgery and dealt with the pain while still swimming. When I was around 28 and not swimming but dancing ballet, the pain came back and much worse. I finally found a doctor who determined that my knee was out of alignment. One surgery and now, 12 years later, I'm fine. I did the brace, PT, ice, etc and nothing fixed it until the doctor determined the cause. Maybe a 2nd opinion will help. Hnatkin, I see you are in Atlanta. That's where I went for my surgery. Dr. Gilogly's office is amazing and may be worth looking in to for a 2nd opinion.
  • I had it when I was a teen.They went as far as talking surgery on me around age 13. I skipped the surgery and dealt with the pain while still swimming. When I was around 28 and not swimming but dancing ballet, the pain came back and much worse. I finally found a doctor who determined that my knee was out of alignment. One surgery and now, 12 years later, I'm fine. I did the brace, PT, ice, etc and nothing fixed it until the doctor determined the cause. Maybe a 2nd opinion will help. Hnatkin, I see you are in Atlanta. That's where I went for my surgery. Dr. Gilogly's office is amazing and may be worth looking in to for a 2nd opinion.
Children
No Data